(Updated April 2nd, 2012 for AIR 3.2)
A couple of months ago I published a post about overlaying the AIR 2.7 SDK in Flash Professional CS5.5.
With the release of Flash Builder 4.6 we got AIR 3.1 installed as default.
But now that the AIR 3.2 SDK was officially released and is now the official AIR SDK, I decided to share with you how you can overlay the AIR 3.2 SDK in Flash Builder 4.6
Follow these steps:
1. Download the AIR SDK
The latest SDK can be downloaded from here : http://www.adobe.com/special/products/air/sdk/
2. Locate your current SDKs
They are located in the Flash Builder directory.
In Windows 32bit they can be found at: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks (in Windows 64bit they can be found at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks)
3. Make a copy of the current SDK folder
Create a copy of your current SDK folder (in our case the 4.6.0 folder) and change the name of the new folder to 4.6.0_AIR3.2 (or any other name you’d like)
4. Overwrite the new SDK folder (4.6.0_AIR3.2) with the AIR3 SDK we downloaded in section 1
Copy all files from the AIR 3.2 SDK folder into the new folder.
You should approve all overwrite notifications you get from the operating system during this process.
5. Rename the new SDK
Go to the new SDK directory (4.6.0_AIR3.2) and edit flex-sdk-description.xml.
Change the value inside the <name> tags to Flex 4.6.0 (AIR 3.2).
6. Add the new ‘Playerglobal.swc’ file to add support for Flash Player 11
Download the Flash Player 11.2 API file "playerglobal.swc" from
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/11/playerglobal11_0.swc and put it into the new SDK folder.
In your new SDK folder go to /frameworks/libs/player/ and create a folder with the name 11.2 and place the “playerglobal11_0.swc” file in it.
7. Add the AIR 3.2 SDK to Flash Builder
- Go to Project -> Properties -> Flex Compiler
- Choose “Configure Flex SDKs”
- Click Add and choose the our new folder
- In the “Additional compiler arguments” text field add “-swf-version=15”
8. Configure your AIR projects
Set the namespace in your X-app.xml to 3.2 by adding this tag:
That’s it! You’re up and running with AIR 3.2 in Flash Builder 4.6!